Hello dear Internet friends, and a happy Monday to you! I hope you had an enjoyable weekend – I sure did, spending a solid Saturday at Baltimore Comic-Con, and catching up on some comics to read and video games to play.
We’re back with you as usual with your round up of the nerdy news worth knowing – the Daily Blast!
In today’s edition:
- Motorolla unveils their mobile future!
- Joss Whedon gets celebrated with an art show!
- More Terminators!
- AND SO MUCH MORE
At the top of the post: That adorable plush Mega Drive (or as we know it in the US, the Sega Genesis) goes on sale at this year’s Tokyo Game Show. I sure hope it becomes available here in the States.
– It opened over the weekend (and runs through September 27th), but after seeing this set of images from Gallery1988’s Joss Whedon themed art show, you’re going to want to make the trek to Los Angeles immediately.
– Hope you like the Terminator reboot, Terminator Genisys (yes, that’s the real title) when it hits theaters next summer! Paramount has already set a second and third installment for May 19, 2017 and June 29, 2018 respectively.
– It doesn’t have an official title yet, but the OTHER Walking Dead series has been given a pilot order by AMC. I think it’s almost a 100% given that this will be taken to series. The real question: Will Chris Hardwick get to host another after-show?
– Fox ADHD has returned with another one of their “Scientifically Accurate” animations, this time, addressing the 90’s classic series – Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers. This one gets just as weird as the rest.
– I’m still confused as to how Nintendo’s going to make it work, but the rad looking box (in Japan at least) for the “New” Nintendo 3DS should help with sales. Maybe?
– Mortal Kombat X is set for an April 14, 2015 release, and HELL YEAH GORO’S GONNA BE IN IT. But, sadly, as a pre-order only character. So far.
– This sounds rad: developers WayForward (Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW!) are working on a 2D, Castlevania-esq game starring the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Titled Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze, look for it on the PS3, Xbox 360 and 3DS this Fall.
– Of all companies, Red Bull is sponsoring a six part video series titled Diggin’ in the Carts, all about Japanese video game music. You really should check it out.
– Want to buy Destiny, but don’t have a new gen system yet? Don’t worry: for a limited time, those who buy digital copies for the PS3 and 360 will get upgraded to a PS4 (for PS3 users) or Xbox One (for 360 users) digital copy for free!
– Motorolla is taking control of its post Google future, unveiling a whole slue of new mobile devices, including new editions of the Moto X and Moto G, their stylish smartwatch the Moto 360, and the very Her-esq bluetooth ear piece known as the Moto Hint. Solid stuff, but will people buy?
– This custom LEGO Ferris Bueller’s Day Off from Flickr user Etzel87 diorama rules so, so hard.
That’s it for your Monday! Have a great week, and we’ll see you back here on Tuesday for another Daily Blast!