With NBC’s series Heroes being an absolute juggernaut…iffy 2nd season and writers strike be damned, it was only a matter of time before it got all kinds of merchandised. And now, thanks to Mezco Toys, action figures are on their way.
Series 1 was revealed earlier this month in ToyFare magzine, and contains the following…
- Sylar w/brain, baseball cap, shooting glass hand and painting
- Peter Petrelli w/glowing hands, messenger bag and painting
- Hiro Nakamura w/sword, messenger bag and painting
- Claire Bennett w/wounded head, wounded arm and painting
- Mohinder Suresh w/’Activating Evolution’ book, messenger bag and painting
High res images of each of the figures in series one are available over at CoolToyReview.com.
Not to rest on their laurels, Mezco has already announced the second and third series of figures this week at the UK Toy Fair. The lineups are tenative to change, and the sculpts haven’t been completed, so they only exist as sketches.
Pending approval, this is what we should see on the shelves. (Images thanks to Action-Figure.com)
- Noah Bennett w/handgun, taser, infrared goggles, cellphone and removable glasses
- Niki/Jessica Sanders w/sniper rifle, mirror and case of money
- Future Peter w/glowing hands
- Matt Parkman w/Molly Walker, bag of diamonds and handgun
- Mr. Linderman w/flower, handgun, alternate wounded head and painting
- Nathan Petrelli w/alternate burned head
- Adam Monroe w/Shanti Vile, Kensei Sword and handgun
- The Haitian w/windchime and handgun
- Hiro Nakamura (in Kensei Armor) w/Kensei Sword and removable mask
- Elle Bishop w/electric hands
Quite the impressive lineup, with loads of nice touches for the fans. I have to give Mezco the credit for adding character and episode appropriate accessories and features, but I’m not entirely sold on the sculpts thus far. I’d have to see how the final product turns out. But I wouldn’t mind my desk being guarded by everyones favorite salaryman-turned-time-traveler. And where’s my Electronic Mr. Muggles?