Hello and welcome to your Thursday edition of the Daily Blast, the best roundup of all the nerdy news you need to know on the net!
In today’s edition:
- Smartphones abound!
- Shazam! is go!
- Superhero amusement park rides!
- Japanese robots akimbo!
- ALL THAT AND MORE!
At the top of the post: High-quality images of the forthcoming LEGO Ultimate Collector’s Series Slave 1, from Star Wars, have surfaced.
— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) September 3, 2014
– It’s on, folks! Dwayne Johnson has confirmed that he will be the villain Black Adam in Warner Bros. forthcoming Shazam! movie. The twist? It apparently won’t be a part of the forthcoming DC Movie Universe.
– While Labor Day did not meet the quality of the rest of his films, I’m sure hoping that Jason Reitman’s Men, Women & Children turns out as good as it’s trailer did. At least it’s new poster (above) is pretty well done.
– Margot Robbie, from The Wolf of Wall Street – which I still need to see – is currently in talks to star in the forthcoming film version of Ghost in the Shell.
– We get more Baymax fun in this new clip from Big Hero 6.
– What’s weirder: That WB has green lit a CHiPS movie, or that Dax Shepard is the one writing, directing and starring in it?
– The trailer for Angry Birds Transformers is as amazing as the idea is awful on paper.
– Buying Destiny for your PS4? Me too! Here’s what we get exclusively.
– Samsung announced a bunch of new phones, tablets and smartwatches yesterday, including the absolutely surreal Galaxy Note Edge, which has a touchscreen that continues onto the side of the phablet.
– Sony also unveiled quite a few new devices yesterday, including their new flagship phone, the Xperia Z3, which includes PlayStation remote play. Wow.
– A 4D Batman Roller Coaster and an interactive Justice League ride are coming to Six Flags parks in Texas and St. Louis. I really need to get out to a theme park, it’s been too long.
– Deadpool will be photobombing classic comic covers in Marvel’s latest batch of 75th Anniversary variant editions.
– Hong Kong high-end figure designers threezero is teasing an amazing looking figure of Ned Stark from Game of Thrones.
– The special edition of Aphex Twin’s new album Syro is pricey – over $400 – but damn if it isn’t pretty.
That’s it for today! See you tomorrow for your Friday Daily Blast!