Hello and a very happy Wednesday to you, dear Blast-O-Rama readers!
I hope the day has greeted you well, and as all days go, a new Daily Blast is here!
It’s a jam-packed midweek edition, full of all sorts of big news.
What do we have today? A major Fall video game has been pushed back, a classic children’s novel is getting a Disney adaptation, EVERY MOVIE is getting extended editions, and it’s never been easier to order pizza. Get ready for that and more, in today’s Daily Blast!
At the top of the post: Shooting has completed for next Summer’s Jurassic World, so director Colin Trevorrow decided to take to Twitter to share some old bones.
– Jennifer Lee, co-director on Frozen and writer on Wreck-It Ralph, will be writing a screen adaptation of the Madeleine L’Engle classic, A Wrinkle In Time for Disney.
– The original UK version of The Office is getting a theatrical spin-off. Ricky Gervais will reprise his role as David Brent in the full-length feature Life on the Road. Set 15 years after the ground-breaking series, Life on the Road will see Brent attempt to live his rockstar dreams, while keeping a crummy sales gig.
– Surprise, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is getting an extended edition on November 4th. Adding 25 minutes to an already over-long film, you can pre-order the 3 Disc 2D Blu-Ray and 5 Disc 3D Blu-Ray now at Amazon.com.
– Speaking of extended movies – look for an extended cut of X-Men: Days of Future Past in 2015.
– MTV’s Scream pilot has cast members set, none of which you’ve ever heard of. If their Teen Wolf series is any indication, expect Scream to somehow be a massive hit, with no one you know ever admitting to watching it.
– Originally set for an October 21 release, Take-Two’s highly anticipated multiplayer monster shooter Evolve has been pushed back to February 10, 2015.
– Two new Xbox One bundles are due to arrive soon: August brings an Xbox One with Madden 15 included, and October should bring the above White variant of the Xbox One, along with a free copy of Sunset Overdrive.
– Don’t worry 360 and PS3 owners, you’ll get a new Assassin’s Creed game this year too! In addition to the current gen Assassin’s Creed Unity, UbiSoft has announced a November release for Assassin’s Creed Rogue, due out November 11th.
– In the forthcoming Mortal Kombat X, each character has 3 playing styles available. To demonstrate, NetherRealm Studios has released a video showing how these apply to the God of Thunder himself, Raiden.
– Boom! Studios has officially announced the latest installment of their Adventure Time original graphic novel series. Titled Bitter Sweets, it re-teams writer Kate Leth and artist Zachary Sterling, who put together last year’s Seeing Red.
– Pop Chart Lab has done it again. The latest in their series of amazing charts (which I hope to some day cover an office with), is “The Myriad Monikers of Gotham’s Villains 2.0”, which attempts to catalog all of Batman’s villains, infographic-style.
– Guys, guess what’s coming back? If you said ELECTRIC FOOTBALL, you’re right! Really, the damn thing is coming back later this year in three field sizes.
– Funko’s releasing a second line of WWE Funko Pop! Vinyl figures, and I’m not sure which one is the best…Daniel Bryan with his crazy beard, or the pitch-perfect “Macho Man” Randy Savage…
– Who says vinyl is dead? Not Jack White. His new album Lazaretto has sold 60,000 copies on vinyl, the most of any single release in 20 years.
– In an unexpected pairing – DC Comics is re-designing the classic Monster Cereal mascots for General Mills this Halloween season. I expected more body armor.
– All of human existence has lead to this moment – an app called Push for Pizza, which is simply a button that you tap, and BAM! Pizza. Seriously.
Now, if you excuse me, I’m gonna tap my way to some pizza. See you Thursday, nerds!