You can feel it in the air! We’re just ONE DAY AWAY from the beginning of nerd prom, as all eyes land on San Diego for Comic Con International. News keeps dropping, but the big reveals are being kept for Hall H.
What do we have today? Marvel’s selection of 75th Anniversary tales, a new Weezer song, the last of the Weird Al videos, JJ Abrams talks more about Star Wars charity (with another surprise), FX picks up awesome shows and MORE!
At the top of the post: Mondo is now going beyond high-end posters…into the toys game. Look at how awesome that Iron Giant is. You can see more here, including an adorable, Mike Mitchell designed Michelangelo figure.
– Artist Mark Englert has put together a pretty awesome poster for Jurassic World, to be given away at SDCC 2014.
– JJ Abrams has returned to the web to get us to donate to Unice–MOTHERF**KER THAT’S AN X-WING
– If Dwayne Johnson doesn’t want us to think he’s playing Shazam, he’s doing a bad job. Seriously, that’d be an awesome SDCC reveal.
– This “viral” ad is the first look at this Fall’s Nightcrawler (not the X-Men character) starring Jake Gyllenhaal.
– This November’s The Imitation Game, starring Benedict Cumberbatch as Alan Turing, is looking pretty damn good.
– In “Goddamn the coast I live on news”, The Simpsons will be performed live by the voice cast and an orchestra at the Hollywood Bowl this September. Holy shit that sounds awesome.
– The new ABC Toy Story special, The Toy Story That Time Forgot is being spotlighted at SDCC 2014, so of course – an awesome poster (with art by Mike Mignola!!!) will be available.
– FX’s wonderful series based on Fargo has received a second season pick-up. Expect a new cast and storyline for this season.
– Speaking of FX, they’ve also picked up Louie for a 5th Season. The bummer? They expect it to only be a seven episode season.
– Marvel will be giving away a combined Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter poster at their SDCC 2014 booth.
– Speaking of Agents of SHIELD, look for Lucy Lawless to join the cast next year.
– Just in time for the high-def re-release of The Last of Us at the end of this month, some awesome people with Photoshop at hand have deconstructed the PS3 game, as if it were a PS1 title.
– Polygon has a nice write up on the in-development Mighty No. 9 cartoon, which at this rate, might hit before the game finishes developing!
– Marvel has announced the issues that will make up their special 75th Anniversary Hardcover Omnibus, and I have to say, I’m surprised at the lack of Iron Man, and relative lack of X-Men stories.
– Fight Club 2 will be premiering in comic book form. Written by the original author, Chuck Palahniuk, with art from Cameron Stewart, look for it as a 10-issue mini-series from Dark Horse Comics in 2015.
– The last batch of Funko exclusives for SDCC 2014 have been revealed, including some bloody Pulp Fiction variants.
– Last week, I didn’t even know Mike Tyson Mysteries was a thing. Now it’s getting toys. How time changes us all.
– Here’s the first single off of the new Weezer album, Everything Will Be Alright, “Back To The Shack”.
– The eighth and final video off of Weird Al Yankovic’s Mandatory Fun is the CSNY-styled “Mission Statement”.
See you tomorrow for your Wednesday Daily Blast!