Happy Thursday, everyone!
Another stacked edition of the Daily Blast is here for your reading enjoyment!
What’s on the docket today? EVEN MORE SDCC exclusives, a beautiful animated short film, the most irritating pre-order exclusive ever, and so much more!
At the top of the post: The Poster Posse revealed a third round of Batman 75th Anniversary pieces yesterday. Check ’em out!
– Chris Columbus has signed on to produce both a reboot of Gremlins and the long-awaited sequel to The Goonies.
– Ian McKellen will be playing a 93 year old Sherlock Holmes in the forthcoming Mr. Holmes, and the above is your first look. I can hear Tumblr getting over Benedict Cumberbatch from here.
– Richard Linklater’s The Incredible Mr. Limpet remake starring Zach Galifinakis is getting an amazing cast. In talks to join the film are Jon Hamm, Sarah Silverman, Keegan Michale Key, Jordan Peele and more!
– The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 continues to be teased by way of Presidential address.
– With Pacific Rim 2 set for 2017, apparently Guillermo del Toro is working on fitting in a small, “really bizarre” black and white film before production starts.
– Ex-Disney Animator Glen Keane has put together a beautiful animated short, called The Duet. Check it out above.
– Looks like Jonah Hill and Scarlett Johansson are in talks to join the Coen Brothers’ next film, Hail Ceasar!.
– Alec Baldwin sure is changing his mind about that whole retirement thing – he’s in talks to join the cast of Mission: Impossible 5.
– Director Gus Van Sant is the latest to circle adapting the Japanese manga Death Note into an American film.
– Arrow got The Atom, now The Flash gains Firestorm, with The Tomorrow People‘s Robbie Amell joining the cast as the fiery hero.
– This Saturday, Gallery Nucleus in Alhambra, CA will hold “Heroes In A Half Shell”, a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles art exhibit. Featuring awesome art, giveaways, and even the chance to get your photos with the Turtles, it sounds like a fun time.
– Syfy has ordered a pilot for a television adaptation of Lev Grossman’s book series, The Magicians.
– Well, that’s frustrating. The pre-order bonus for Alien: Isolation is the ability to play with the original Alien cast. ONLY for pre-orders. (For now, I guess?)
– Jason Aaron (Original Sin) and Ron Garney (Uncanny X-Force) are teaming up on a new creator-owned book for Marvel’s Icon imprint, titled Men of Wrath.
– Ex-Marvel Editor in Chief Roy Thomas has penned 75 Years of Marvel: From the Golden Age to the Silver Screen. The 700-page tome hits shelves in the Fall. Here’s hoping they’re strong enough to hold them.
– Here’s a look at even more of DC Comics’ October Monster Variant covers.
– Jeff Smith (Bone) has produced an awesome looking SDCC 2014 variant cover for Marvel’s Rocket Raccoon #1
– These Build-A-Bear versions of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (based on the show) are ADORABLE.
– Funko announced a sixth batch of SDCC exclusives, including figures from Breaking Bad and a very spoiler-heavy figure from The Walking Dead.
– Bandai is bringing a ton of exclusives to SDCC 2014, including toys from Godzilla, Big Hero 6 and Power Rangers.
– A team of dedicated LEGO builders combined forces to bring The Princess Bride to proper LEGO life.
– The high-end Tonner Doll Company will have their first ever SDCC exclusives this year, including a classically styled Wonder Woman.
– The Hollywood Reporter (of all things) has a look at Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle exclusives for SDCC 2014, including a first-look at this Playmates Raphael figure, based on the original TMNT comic series.
– Weezer’s new album, Everything Will Be Alright In The End has officially been confirmed for a September 30 release.
See you guys on Monday – have a great weekend!