Happy Wednesday, everyone!
It’s time once again for a jam-packed bit of Daily Blast goodness, with writer news, SDCC exclusives, and probably the worst sounding chip flavor I’ve ever encountered.
Start the middle of your week right – GET TO READING!
At the top of the post: One of the greatest video games ever (IMO), Okami will be getting some beautiful, limited run art prints by Dutch art dealership Cook & Becker.
- This first look at Christian Bale as Moses in Ridley Scott’s Exodus: Gods and Kings looks SUPER bad-ass.
- Universal Pictures will be releasing the Steven Spielberg Directors Collection Blu-Ray box set on October 14. This will include the first HD editions of Duel, 1941, The Sugarland Express and Always. You can pre-order it now from Amazon.com.
- Get stoked, horror nerds! Scream! Factory will release the director’s cut of Clive Barker’s Nightbreed this October.
- Bill Murray makes for a terrible baby sitter in this first trailer for St. Vincent. Melissa McCarthy also stars.
- Jonathan Lemkin (Shooter) has signed on to write GI Joe 3, which is expected to revolve around Dwayne Johnson’s character Roadblock.
- From the sequels we didn’t need department, here’s the first teaser trailer for Horrible Bosses 2, the sequel to the “OK-but-not-great” Horrible Bosses. Get that sequel money, Charlie Day.
- Seven years after the release of the first, Disney has assigned writers to Enchanted 2.
- After a false start with HBO, Neil Gaiman is now working with Starz to produce a television adaptation of American Gods.
- Devon Aoki (Sin City) will join the cast of Arrow this season, as the DC Comics heroine Katana.
- Multiplayer alien shooter Evolve walked away as the “Best of Show” winner for the 2014 E3, as voted on by the gaming press.
- John Cena will be the cover star of WWE 2K15, which will also be one of the first instances used of the new WWE logo (found on their streaming network).
- BOOM! Comics has announced a slue of SDCC 2014 exclusives, including a hardcover of Marceline and the Scream Queens.
- Fox’s ADHD group has released a video featuring a more factually-accurate version of Captain America. Hint: we’re awful.
- NECA’s releasing an incredible figure of the Queen Alien from Aliens this October.
- Walgreens snags another exclusive action figure – this time, Prototype Boba Fett from the Star Wars Black line.
- Funko/Super7′s ReAction Figure line will grow to include Horror Classics characters in August. I love how these turned out.
- Speaking of Funko/Super7′x ReAction line, Action Figure Insider got an exclusive early reveal of one of their SDCC 2014 exclusives, the Alien Deep Space mystery figure! (The figure is hidden inside the egg.)
- One more SDCC/Alien related bit – Gentle Giant will have an exclusive, glow-in-the-dark jumbo Alien at the show.
- “Weird” Al Yankovic will be releasing eight new music videos, over eight straight days, starting July 14, to promote his new album Mandatory Fun, dropping July 15.
- Atari has ported over three of its classic games as a part of a Denny’s promotion. You can play Hashteroids, Take-out and Centi-Pup in Denny’s mobile app. They have one of those?
- Just like that gross kid in the cafeteria at school, Lay’s Spain has mixed up Ketchup and Mayonnaise for a new Potato Chip flavor.
- Carvel has teamed up with Nutella for some amazing sounding ice cream treats.
That’s all for today! See you tomorrow with more awesome!